Welcome to Montana Western's Moodle site
- Intro to Moodle course: If you are new to using Moodle (also called "Open LMS"), we have a Moodle 101: Introduction to using Moodle for students course to help get you started!
- Browser Recommendations: Recommended browsers for desktop computers: Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 11. Recommended browsers for mobile devices: Mobile Safari, Google Chrome.
- Get the app: Use the Open LMS app (do not use the Moodle app). Moodle should also work fine in your phone's browser.
- Moodle's Email: The Moodle email system is called Quickmail. Emails can be composed within and sent from Moodle but will be received in your university email account (i.e. Outlook). Quickmail will keep a history of sent messages. It is essential that faculty and students check their Outlook email accounts. Login to your email account through this site: http://mail.umwestern.edu
- Technical Support: Moodle technical support is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Mountain Time. Please contact Justin Mason, Director of eLearning, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-683-7536. If you are having email, network, or computer issues (not Moodle issues), please contact IT Services at 406-683-7777 or use their web form (scroll to the bottom of the webpage to find the web form).
Student Support Services
- Academic Advising: Contact Suzanne Forrester at 406-683-7049, email@example.com or contact Jenny Fox at 406-683-7050, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- eCounseling: Confidential counseling is free to all students and available via video-conferencing. To learn more or to set up an appointment contact Heidi Peterson, Director or Student Counseling & Wellness, at 406-683-7388
- Textbooks: Contact the UMW Bookstore for instructions on how to get your textbooks. If you need assistance please call 406-683-7281.
Disability Services: If you have a need for special course adaptations, please contact your instructor or Ms. Nicole Hazelbaker, Dean of Students, at 1-866-UMW-MONT, 406-683-7388, or email@example.com.
Learning Center: In-person and remote tutoring is available at no extra cost through the Learning Center. Visit the Learning Center page in Moodle or contact Susan White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-683-7143.