Welcome to Montana Western's Moodle site
Dear Montana Western Faculty and Students,
For information about the COVID-19 pandemic and related health and safety precautions, visit the CDC website. For information on cases in MT and Beaverhead County visit covid19.mt.gov and DPHHS. Additional resources are available at UMW Healthy Plan, UMW Health Advisories and Updates, Remote Course Delivery FAQs, Returning From Break Guide, and the COVID-19 Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund to Students Report and Quarterly Reports.
How to connect with student support services online
- eCounseling: To set up an eCounseling appointment with one of our guidance counselors, call 406-683-7388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more at: https://w.umwestern.edu/section/student-counseling-services/
- Advising: Advising: Call 406-683-7050 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more at: https://w.umwestern.edu/info/academic-advising-center/
- Tutoring: The Learning Center will be providing remote tutoring from the Learning Center Moodle course page. Just click on the Learning Center icon on the right for details.
- Textbooks: Go to https://bookstore.umwestern.edu/ for instructions on how to get your textbooks. Please call 406-683-7281 if you need assistance.
Resources for accessing online courses
- New to Moodle? Click here to take the Moodle 101 course for students to get ready!
For the Spring Semester, we would like to remind you all of a few precautions to take to help keep everyone healthy:
- Wear a mask and stay at least 6 feet from others.
- Wash your hands and sanitize often. Hand sanitizer is available at stations located throughout the campus.
- Monitor your health. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and call your healthcare provider immediately.
- Answer your phone if the health department calls. If you get a call from an unknown number, be sure to check your voicemail.
We will continue to offer FREE Symptomatic Rapid Testing for students, Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in the garage of the Dean of Students Center. If you are experiencing any symptoms, please call 406-683-7388 to schedule an appointment.
Additionally, we will be offering FREE Asymptomatic Rapid Testing to students now through January 22. These tests will also be held in the garage of the Dean of Students Center, Monday through Friday, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and from 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. You can schedule your drive up test by calling 406-683-7388.
Recommended browsers for desktop computers: Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 11.
Recommended browsers for mobile devices: Mobile Safari, Google Chrome.
The Moodle e-mail system is called Quickmail. E-mails can be composed within and sent from Moodle but will be received in your university e-mail account (i.e. Outlook). Quickmail will keep a history of sent messages. It is essential that faculty and students check their Outlook e-mail accounts. Login to your e-mail account through this site: http://mail.umwestern.edu
Moodle technical support is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Mountain Time. Please contact Justin Mason, Director of eLearning, at email@example.com or Jason Myrick, Instructional Designer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.