Welcome to Montana Western's Moodle site
- Intro to Moodle course: If you are new to using Moodle (also called "Open LMS"), we have a Moodle 101: Introduction to using Moodle for students course to help get you started!
- Browser Recommendations: Recommended browsers for desktop computers: Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 11.
Recommended browsers for mobile devices: Mobile Safari,Google Chrome.
- Get the app: Use the Open LMS app (do not use the Moodle app). Moodle should also work fine in your phone's browser.
- Moodle's Email: The Moodle e-mail system is called Quickmail. E-mails can be composed within and sent from Moodle but will be received in your university e-mail account (i.e. Outlook). Quickmail will keep a history of sent messages. It is essential that faculty and students check their Outlook e-mail accounts. Login to your e-mail account through this site: http://mail.umwestern.edu
- Technical Support: Moodle technical support is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Mountain Time. Please contact Justin Mason, Director of eLearning, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-683-7536.
Student Support Services
- Academic Advising: Contact Suzanne Forrester at 406-683-7049 or email@example.com.
- eCounseling: To learn more or to set up an appointment contact Heidi Peterson, Director or Student Counseling & Wellness, at 406-683-7388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Textbooks: Contact the UMW Bookstore for instructions on how to get your textbooks. If you need assistance please call 406-683-7281.
- Tutoring: The Learning Center will be providing remote tutoring from the Learning Center Moodle course page.